Exhaust, Brakes & More
If you bring a car in for an oil change, we always check the exhaust system. This simple precaution can save you hundreds of dollars in repairs.
We do this to pre-test the clamps. If a clamp gives out while your vehicle is operating, this could lead to you requiring extensive exhaust system repairs. We always take extra time to check clamps on your muffler and pipes to save you an extra expense down the road.
If you do require an exhaust system replacement, we can always help you with that. Our mufflers come with a lifetime warranty.
One of the top reasons accidents happen is due to brake failure. This is a scary fact and a good reason to always have your brakes checked in advance. Here at Bowens, we are brake maintenance specialists.
If you come in for a brake inspection, we will check:
- Pads and shoes for wear
- Drums and rotors for wear
- Wheel cylinders and calipers for leaks
- Hydraulic lines and hoses for leaks, kinks and blockages
- Fluid in the master cylinder for level and condition
If you check your brakes regularly, this will save you money and hassle in the long run. If work is needed, we will give you a choice of parts. A better grade of materials could be a better bargain, as they last longer- but we let you make the choice.
If you notice any of the following warning signs of suspension issues, bring your vehicle into our auto shop right away:
- Roll or sway on turns
- Front end “drives” when braking, or rear end “squats” when accelerating
- Excessive bouncing or sideways slides on rough roads
- Your vehicle “bottoming out”
When you bring your vehicle in to our shop, we will look for:
- Leaks on housing
- Dents on the strut or shock body
- Worn rubber mounting bushings
- Abnormal tire wear
- Damaged compression bumpers
- Damaged protective boots
If you feel concerned about your car, contact us. One checkup can prevent an accident from occuring.